Monday 16 January 2012

Weekend Wreath Project

This weekend I tackled a small wreath project.
My inspiration came from here: http://teachcraftlove.blogspot.com/2010/06/front-door-wreaths_22.html. Actually I found the photo on Pinterest, a website I have been spending too much time on lately!

All of my supplies came from my local Michaels craft store. Here's the break down on the cost:
wreath - $3.99
white carnations - 3@ $0.89
blue flowers - $1.99
Wooden #1 - $0.05
Wooden #8 - $0.05
Wooden #0 - $2.49
Total - 11.29

Here is what everything looked like before:


It was overall pretty quick and simple. First I cut off the stems from the flowers and and kind of "dry" place them on the wreath without using glue to see how they would look.
Then I pulled out some white craft paint and a small sponge paint brush, both of which I got from the dollar store a while ago to paint the wooden numbers white.


I just gave them one quick coat. The paint covered the numbers well, but still gave it kind of a white-wash feel that I liked.
After giving them a couple hours to dry I broke out my little glue gun and glued the flowers and numbers in place.

Presto!

I really like how it turned out, now I just have to find the over-the-door wreath hanger I put away with all my Christmas decor.

I linked this post here:

1 comment: