Thursday 23 February 2012

Banana Bread

Today I'm sharing another one of my go-to baking recipes for banana bread. I actually joined a couple of different ones I tried to get my own recipe that was delicious and, of course, simple.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/3 ups mashed overripe bananas
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
(I didn't this time, but I have added a bag of chocolate chips before for an added treat!)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 9x5 loaf pan.
In bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl mix butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture and mix just to moisten. Pour batter into loaf pan and make for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from centre. Let bread cool for 10 minutes in pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment